Packed with over 150 amazing coffee experiences in 37 countries, from its birthplace in East Africa, to modern-day Cuba, the United States, Australia and the UK, this follow-up to our hugely popular Global Beer Tour features legendary espresso bars, plantation tours, urban roasteries and must-visit cafes.
Inside this definitive guide to coffee tasting around the world, you'll discover exactly where to go and what to try, plus illustrated spreads on roasting coffee, cocktails, brewing techniques and more. The places you'll learn about in Lonely Planet's Global Coffee Tour and visit aren't just cafes - they're meccas for coffee lovers, offering insight into the local culture and the history, personalities, passion and creativity behind each coffee.
- Discover each country's top five, must-drink coffees
- Learn how to order a coffee in the local language
- Explore each area with our itinerary of local things to do
- Find coffee classes and learn about roasting and brewing
- Packed with photos of coffee houses the world over